SYMONS GROUP EXPERIENCE BUILDER COURSE
Gain the experience you need to keep your career rolling in the right direction.
The Symons Institute of Transport is for drivers with a minimum licence of Class 5 Learner who have little to no experience. This course will provide you with that real world experience in the heavy transport industry, with 1:1 practical mentoring, to assist in gaining full time employment.
Course Dates: First student in-take week starting 6 July 2020 (weekly in-takes from then with one student admitted each week, to a maximum of four students at any one time).
Course Duration: 20 working days total. Two days to complete Symons Induction, introduction to technology and Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Programme. 18 working days practical experiential based learning.
Course Delivery Method: Face to face, Work Books, E learning, OJT.
Certifications: SAFED NZ driver qualification.
- 20 Days hands on driving experience
- SAFED Course valued at $600.
- EROAD and Scania Driving Performance Report for CV.
- We will endorse, refer drivers in the appropriate region they are based in.
The purpose of the programme is to provide experiential learning. Best endeavours will be made by learner mentors to impart the maximum amount of knowledge possible. However, specific competence cannot be guaranteed at the completion of the programme.
Who is it for?
- Drivers with a Class Five Learner licence seeking to gain practical hands on driving experience with real loads.
- Drivers holding a Class Five Full Licence who are returning to the industry after an extended period away.
- Drivers holding a Class Five Full Licence who have limited driving / load securing experience.
Learner Competencies: Attendees of this course will gain hands on experience across numerous heavy transport disciplines guided by high performing and experienced transport operators.
- Hold a minimum of a Class 5 Learner NZ Drivers licence,
- Physically able to complete all tasks,
- Must be able to read, write and converse confidently in English.
Pre-Requisites: For your safety and the safety of our people all learners will be required to pass the Symons Group Site Induction & will need to be prepared to pass a drug test and alcohol test on the first day of the progarmme.
You will also need to consent to Symons Group using TORO (Transport Organisation Register Online) through the New Zealand Transport Agency for the purposes of ensuring that you are fully licensed at all times and/or to monitor your licence status and activity. This will only be used for the period you are with us.
- Learners will be given one on one practical mentoring throughout the programme.
- Theory lessons will be conducted with a one instructor to four student ratio.
- No more than one learner will be brought on each week with a maximum of four learners at any given time.
Investment: $3000 + GST ($150 per day) Learners must pay half of the training fees up front and the remaining amount prior to the halfway point of the programme in order to complete the training.
Symons Group Contact: 06 751 9221 / firstname.lastname@example.org