Symons Energy Services offer a range of pipe inspection services including:
- non-destructive testing - including magnetic particle inspection (MT) for ferrous equipment
- liquid penetrant inspections (PT) for non-magnetic equipment
- inspections of end area connections
- thread profile gauging
- visual end area inspections
- API (American Petroleum Institute) specification compliance inspections (including TH Hill DS-1, EMI, UT and MT inspections)
Our inspectors are certified to conduct visual thread inspections to API standards. For specialised pipe inspection we work in conjunction with Premium Casing Services (PCS) and SGS New Zealand Ltd whom can perform inspections from 2-7/8 inch to 5-1/2 inch OD drill pipe - giving full digital acquisition search coil and wall effect monitoring of tube integrity. Directional equipment such as drilling motors, non-magnetic jewellery, intelligent directional equipment, and BHA dumb iron give our customers a full range of pipe inspection services.
Early pipe inspections provide preventative maintenance opportunities, safety and peace of mind for our customers.