SYMONS IS GROWING ... SO WE'RE HIRING!
We pride ourselves on providing the best in innovative transport solutions delivered safely and efficiently. And we need more great drivers to join this all-star team across the North Island.
Symons Transport is a family-owned Taranaki business providing a wide range of transport services, including, among others, the oil and gas industry and bulk transportation of food products. We are renowned for keeping the smiles on customers' faces through our customer-first focus, utilising world class equipment, continuously improving systems, and boasting a motivated and highly skilled team.
What We Offer:
- The highest quality, well presented trucks
- Competitive remuneration with incentive schemes, including up to $1200 fleet care bonus (full time, permanent Class 5 Drivers only)
- Away allowances and referral schemes
- Engaging variety of work
- A supportive employment environment
- Staff social club
- Free medical and health insurance (full time, permanent staff only)
- Paid day off on your birthday (full time, permanent staff only)
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Spring 2020 Seasonal Positions
With milk arriving each spring we are on the hunt for excellent class 5 truck drivers to join the Symons team from July/August each year.
Vacancies are based in Taranaki and Waikato
The positions include:
- Guaranteed 60 days work (with potential for 120 days and permanent).
- Up to 70 hours per week.
- Exceptional trucks and a brilliant team to work with.
- The best casual hourly rates in New Zealand (to our knowledge).
- Potential for away allowances and accommodation for the right drivers (from other regions).
- Potential to move into permanent positions.
Sound like you? Great! Fill out the application form below and let's talk!
Full Time Positions
• Are you an experienced dispatcher/logistics coordinator?
• Do you have experience working in the Transport Industry?
• Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a tried and tested company?
If you answered yes to the above questions this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for!
We are on the hunt for a Logistics Coordinator who is capable of balancing complex customer requirements with the needs of our drivers and our business.
What will you do?
• Manage all areas of logistics relating to van, water and DG tanker movements
• Establish a strong relationship with our customers, ensuring their expectations are exceeded
• Be a reliable point of contact for our drivers, prioritizing their health, safety and well-being
What do you need?
• Experience in a logistics or dispatch role highly desirable
• Experience in the transport industry highly desirable
• Outstanding communication skills as well as problem-solving and analytical abilities
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite
• The ability to follow instructions/directions with good time management skills
Prospective employees should have a positive can-do attitude and have a passion for what they do to ensure our customers receive the very best service. Our aim is to always exceed customer expectations by providing high-quality staff that genuinely care about the standard of service they are delivering.
Part Time Positions (Standby Squad)
Alongside our team of permanent drivers, we also have a squad of casual drivers who prefer the flexibility of seasonal work to make the most of particularly busy times of the year.
By joining the Symons Standby Squad you'll be first in line to hear about Symons driving opportunities both within Taranaki and also around New Zealand.
We will keep your CV close at hand in order to let you know as soon as possible as new seasonal and permanent roles become available.
Symons Energy Services
Symons Energy Services is an integral part our our 'one stop shop' committment to the energy sector. Our Energy Services fleet includes specialised equipment to handle all our pipe, casing and DG goods.
We're on the hunt for an experience loader operator to be part of the team. Do you:
- Have your forks and wheels endorsement and are you an experienced loader operator
- Have 2+ years' experience operating heavy machinery
- Hold a clean Class 2 licence (or higher).
- Have experience around Drill Pipe, Casing and Tubing
- Enjoy being a hands on and respectful team player
- Enjoy working outside and not being afraid to get your hands dirty
- Like the sound of loading pipe on and off trucks, moving pipe around yards and building pipe racks as part of a high performing team
- Maintain a safe environment at all times
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday, with weekend work when required
Sound like you? Apply below...