Symons Is Growing So We Are Hiring Now!
We pride ourselves on providing the best in innovative transport and warehousing solutions delivered safely and efficiently. And we need more great team players to join this all-star group across the North Island. We are looking for people to join our team in the following areas:
Symons Group is a family-owned Taranaki business providing a wide range of transport and warehousing services including, among others, the oil and gas industry and bulk transportation of food products. We are renowned for keeping the smiles on customers' faces through our customer-first focus, utilising world class equipment, continuously improving systems, and boasting a motivated and highly skilled team.
What We Offer
- The highest quality, well presented trucks
- Competitive remuneration with incentive schemes, including up to $1200 fleet care bonus (full time, permanent Class 5 Drivers only)
- Away allowances and referral schemes
- Engaging variety of work
- A supportive employment environment
- Staff social club
- Free medical and health insurance (full time, permanent staff only)
- Health and wellness programs including Gym memberships (full time, permanent staff only)
- Paid day off on your birthday (full time, permanent staff only)
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
With milk arriving for spring we are on the hunt for excellent class 5 truck drivers to join the Symons team from July 2020.
So get your applications in as soon as possible to make sure you’re considered for one of these exciting seasonal roles.
Current tanker vacancies are in Taranaki (Hawera), Waikato (Tirau) and Bay of Plenty (Tauranga) and have the potential to lead to full-time permanent work.
Flat deck position are only available in Taranaki.
The seasonal positions include:
· Guaranteed 60 days work (with potential for 100 days and permanent).
· Up to 70 hours per week.
· Exceptional trucks and a brilliant team to work with.
· The best casual hourly rates in New Zealand (to our knowledge).
· Potential for away allowances and accommodation for the right drivers (from other regions).
· Potential to move into permanent positions.
Sound like you? Great!
We are looking for looking for Class 5 drivers to join our dynamic team who possess the following key attributes:
· Team player with a positive attitude
· A strong focus on health and safety
· Class 5 Licence
· DG Licence and Bulk Handlers Certificate an advantage
· Excellent communication and written skills
· Able to use a smart device for payroll, dockets and vehicle inspections
· Be customer focused
· Ability to work shift work
Still sound like you? Perfect!
Fill out the application form below and let's talk!
For the right drivers there is potential for full-time, permanent roles beyond this seasonal block of work.
Warehouse, Yardman, Machine Operator
We don’t currently have any positions available, but we’re always on the look out for talented high performers. If you’re keen to join the Symons Team hit the apply now button, we’ll keep your application on file and be in touch is something comes up.
- Work in our warehousing division servicing some of the regions highest performing companies.
- Like getting your hands dirty then why not look at a role in our pipe yard preparing and inspecting drill casing/joints for a number of big players in the local oil and gas industry.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe workplace.
Finance, Management, Administration
We don't currently have any positions available in this area however we are always happy to hear from high performers interested in joining the Symons team. Please feel free to apply for a position, we will hold your application on file to be considered for the next available position.