SYMONS IS GROWING ... SO WE'RE HIRING!
We pride ourselves on providing the best in innovative transport solutions delivered safely and efficiently. And we need more great drivers to join this all-star team across the North Island.
Symons Transport is a family-owned Taranaki business providing a wide range of transport services, including, among others, the oil and gas industry and bulk transportation of food products. We are renowned for keeping the smiles on customers' faces through our customer-first focus, utilising world class equipment, continuously improving systems, and boasting a motivated and highly skilled team.
What We Offer:
- The highest quality, well presented trucks
- Competitive remuneration with incentive schemes, including up to $1200 fleet care bonus (full time, permanent Class 5 Drivers only)
- Away allowances and referral schemes
- Engaging variety of work
- A supportive employment environment
- Staff social club
- Free medical and health insurance (full time, permanent staff only)
- Paid day off on your birthday (full time, permanent staff only)
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Summer 2020 Tipper Truck and Trailer Operator (4-5-week Contract)
• Are you looking for an exciting short-term contract in an awesome location?
• Do you have experience driving tipper trucks and trailers?
• Do you like to work hard, and earn well?
If you are nodding your head and answering ‘yes’ to these questions, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
We are on the hunt for an experienced and hardworking Tipper Truck and Trailer Operator to work on a short-term contract. This contract is to collect freshly harvested grapes from vineyards in and around the Blenheim region and deliver them to selected processing plants operating 24/7 during harvest.
Interested? This is what you need?
· Previous experience operating Road Ranger gearbox
· Strong skill set in operating and reversing truck and trailer combinations
· Strong customer focus and work ethic
· Ability to drive in an exemplary manner, following NZTA rules and regulations as well as adhering to all Symons Transport policies and procedures.
· Ability to follow instructions/directions with good time management skills
· Comfortable with the use of tablets and technology
· Be a well-presented team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Still reading, and interested in hearing what’s in it for you?
· Competitive remuneration
· Great accommodation
· Away allowances
· Consistent hours in set 12-hour roster
Prospective employees should have a positive can-do attitude and have a passion for what they do to ensure our customers receive the very best service. Our aim is to always exceed customer expectations by providing high-quality staff that genuinely care about the standard of service they are delivering.
Apply now if this opportunity sounds like you!
Applications close: Friday 7 February 2020
Spring 2020 Seasonal Positions
With milk arriving each spring we are on the hunt for excellent class 5 truck drivers to join the Symons team from July/August each year.
Vacancies are based in Taranaki and Waikato
The positions include:
- Guaranteed 60 days work (with potential for 120 days and permanent).
- Up to 70 hours per week.
- Exceptional trucks and a brilliant team to work with.
- The best casual hourly rates in New Zealand (to our knowledge).
- Potential for away allowances and accommodation for the right drivers (from other regions).
- Potential to move into permanent positions.
Sound like you? Great! Fill out the application form below and let's talk!
Full Time Positions
We do not currently have any permanent positions available
Note: As we continue to grow we often have new casual and permanent positions come available for other classes and specialities. If Symons sounds like you, and you like to be considered for future permanent or seasonal work, please join our Symons Standby Squad.
Part Time Positions (Standby Squad)
Alongside our team of permanent drivers, we also have a squad of casual drivers who prefer the flexibility of seasonal work to make the most of particularly busy times of the year.
By joining the Symons Standby Squad you'll be first in line to hear about Symons driving opportunities both within Taranaki and also around New Zealand.
We will keep your CV close at hand in order to let you know as soon as possible as new seasonal and permanent roles become available.