Symons Is Growing So We Are Hiring Now!
We pride ourselves on providing the best in innovative transport and warehousing solutions delivered safely and efficiently. And we need more great team players to join this all-star group across the North Island. We are looking for people to join our team in the following areas:
Symons Group is a family-owned Taranaki business providing a wide range of transport and warehousing services including, among others, the oil and gas industry and bulk transportation of food products. We are renowned for keeping the smiles on customers' faces through our customer-first focus, utilising world class equipment, continuously improving systems, and boasting a motivated and highly skilled team.
What We Offer
- The highest quality, well presented trucks
- Competitive remuneration with incentive schemes, including up to $1200 fleet care bonus (full time, permanent Class 5 Drivers only)
- Away allowances and referral schemes
- Engaging variety of work
- A supportive employment environment
- Staff social club
- Free medical and health insurance (full time, permanent staff only)
- Health and wellness programs including Gym memberships (full time, permanent staff only)
- Paid day off on your birthday (full time, permanent staff only)
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Truck Driver – Class 5
Permanent, Full Time
Based in Bell Block
We’re growing and we’re after 3 great drivers to join our team and grow with us!
• Are you a class 5 heavy vehicle operator?
• Are you motivated, have a positive attitude and are committed to delivering the highest level of service?
• Are you team player who thrives off doing it right the first time, every time?
If you are nodding your head and answering ‘yes’ to these questions, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
We are on the hunt for experienced and hardworking Class 5 Heavy Vehicle Operators to work out of Taranaki.
Interested? This is what you’ll do:
• Work as part of a dedicated team or operate a wide variety of units depending on the needs of our clients which vary on a day to day basis, both options available
• Prioritising safety and compliance at all times while completing load plans and daily logs
• Maintain a clean and well-presented fleet of vehicles, daily inspection of vehicles and reporting of any defects or damage
• Drive in an exemplary manner, following NZTA rules and regulations as well as adhering to all Symons Transport policies and procedures.
• Liaise with all customers, members of the public and work colleagues politely and professionally at all times
• Comply with health and safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe workplace.
• Have good time management skills and be able to follow instructions/directions well
• Use of tablets to accurately record hours, mileage, load plans and any other relevant information.
• Be a well-presented team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Still reading, and interested in hearing what’s in it for you in a permanent, full-time role?
• Competitive remuneration with incentive schemes
• Engaging variety of work
• A supportive employment environment
• Staff social club
• Health and wellness programs including Gym memberships
• Free medical and health insurances
• Paid day off on your birthday
• Work for an extremely compliant company
• Pilot well maintained and presented late model Scania fleet
Prospective employees should have a positive can-do attitude and have a passion for what they do to ensure our customers receive the very best service. Our aim is to always exceed customer expectations by providing high-quality staff that genuinely care about the standard of service they are delivering.
Click apply now if these opportunities sound like you!
Please ensure you include a copy of your CV or a description of work history to your application, applications without this will not be viewed. If having trouble uploading CV, please email your cv to email@example.com
Warehouse, Yardman, Machine Operator
We don’t currently have any positions available, but we’re always on the look out for talented high performers. If you’re keen to join the Symons Team hit the apply now button, we’ll keep your application on file and be in touch is something comes up.
- Work in our warehousing division servicing some of the regions highest performing companies.
- Like getting your hands dirty then why not look at a role in our pipe yard preparing and inspecting drill casing/joints for a number of big players in the local oil and gas industry.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe workplace.