Symons Is Growing So We Are Hiring Now!
We pride ourselves on providing the best in innovative transport and warehousing solutions delivered safely and efficiently. And we need more great team players to join this all-star group across the North Island. We are looking for people to join our team in the following areas:
Symons Group is a family-owned Taranaki business providing a wide range of transport and warehousing services including, among others, the oil and gas industry and bulk transportation of food products. We are renowned for keeping the smiles on customers' faces through our customer-first focus, utilising world class equipment, continuously improving systems, and boasting a motivated and highly skilled team.
What We Offer
- The highest quality, well presented trucks
- Competitive remuneration with incentive schemes, including up to $1200 fleet care bonus (full time, permanent Class 5 Drivers only)
- Away allowances and referral schemes
- Engaging variety of work
- A supportive employment environment
- Staff social club
- Free medical and health insurance (full time, permanent staff only)
- Health and wellness programs including Gym memberships (full time, permanent staff only)
- Paid day off on your birthday (full time, permanent staff only)
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Truck Drivers – Class 5
Flatdeck, Tanker and Curtainsider
Permanent, Full Time
Our talented team of Class 5 drivers are looking for motivated, hardworking characters to join them on the road.
We have a number of positions available for experienced, Class 5 heavy vehicle operators to work out of Taranaki covering our flatdeck, tanker and curtainsider fleets.
If you’re a team player with a positive, committed attached, we’d love you to read on.
The job description includes:
• Working as part of a dedicated team
• Prioritising safety and compliance at all times while completing load plans and daily log
• Maintaining a clean and well-presented fleet of vehicles, daily inspection of vehicles and reporting of any defects or damage
• Driving in an exemplary manner, following NZTA rules and regulations as well as adhering to all Symons Transport policies and procedures
• Liaising with all customers, members of the public and work colleagues politely and professionally at all times
• Complying with health and safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe workplace
• Having good time management skills and being able to follow instructions/directions well
• Using technology to accurately record hours, mileage, load plans and any other relevant information
• Being a well-presented team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
At Symons we put our people first, and that includes offering competitive remuneration packages, health and wellness programmes, providing an engaging variety of work, and giving you a day off on your birthday - because you deserve to be celebrated. You’ll also be working for an extremely compliant company who pilot some of the finest Scania vehicles in the country.
Prospective employees should have a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do, to ensure our customers receive the very best service. Our aim is to always exceed customer expectations by providing high-quality staff that genuinely care about the standard of service they are delivering.
Click apply now if this opportunity sounds like you.
Please ensure you include a copy of your CV or a description of work history to your application. Applications without this will not be viewed. If you’re having trouble uploading your CV, please email it to email@example.com.
Warehouse, Yardman, Machine Operator
There are no vacancies at this time.
Finance, Management, Administration
Permanent, Full Time
• Competitive remuneration and staff health and wellbeing package
• Stimulating and rewarding role with a focus on growth and development
• A cohesive team environment that supports you to do your job well
Why join the team at Graham Symons?
With a passion for trucks, Graham Symons established Symons Transport in 1984, based in Taranaki. From a small farm shed and one truck nearly 40 years ago, we have now grown into one of the leaders in our industry here in New Zealand and are working for some of the country’s most reputable companies.
As Symons Group grows, we have developed services that deliver a one-stop-shop solution. This encompasses four successful business units: Transport, Energy, Warehouse & Purpose-Built Facilities, and Waste Remediation Services. As such, we can provide an integrated supply chain to our clients, tailored to their business requirements.
And what has made us successful and continues to drive our growth? Simple. Our people.
The Fleet Manager that we are looking for is someone who thrives on the high-pressure hustle and bustle that comes with the transport industry, and you will have experience in a similar role.
What will you do?
• Manage our fleet of 50 scania tractor units with various combination trailers to ensure all vehicles are always safe and compliant.
• Develop maintenance plans and be aware of compliance requirements for roadworthiness.
• Maintain accurate record keeping
• Manage HPMV Permits
• Manage NZTA requirements
• Manage additional vehicle compliance (Safe Load Pass, In Service Certification, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, spill kits, Curtains certification, Pressure vessel tanks compliance, Minimum usage etc).
• Monitor and report on reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) of the fleet.
• Facilitate repair of driver reported faults/provide feedback to the driver.
Our Fleet Manager needs to have excellent organisational skills and always have their finger on the pulse. We are looking for a unique individual who genuinely cares about having our fleet in tip top shape, because that is how we operate here at Symons Group.
Sound a bit like you? then apply today. We would welcome your application via our website