SYMONS IS GROWING ... SO WE'RE HIRING!
We pride ourselves on providing the best in innovative transport solutions delivered safely and efficiently. And we need more great drivers to join this all-star team across the North Island.
Symons Transport is a family-owned Taranaki business providing a wide range of transport services, including, among others, the oil and gas industry and bulk transportation of food products. We are renowned for keeping the smiles on customers' faces through our customer-first focus, utilising world class equipment, continuously improving systems, and boasting a motivated and highly skilled team.
What We Offer:
- The highest quality, well presented trucks
- Competitive remuneration with incentive schemes, including up to $1200 fleet care bonus
- Away allowances and referral schemes
- Engaging variety of work
- A supportive employment environment
- Staff social club
- Free medical and health insurance
- Paid day off on your birthday
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Spring Seasonal Positions
With milk arriving for spring we are on the hunt for excellent class 5 truck drivers to join the Symons team.
Current vacancies are in Taranaki and Waikato.
The positions include:
- Guaranteed 60 days work (with potential for 120 days and permanent).
- Up to 70 hours per week.
- Exceptional trucks and a brilliant team to work with.
- The best casual hourly rates in New Zealand (to our knowledge).
- Potential for away allowances and accommodation for the right drivers (from other regions).
- Potential to move into permanent positions.
Sound like you? Great! Fill out the application form below and let's talk!
Full Time Positions
Transport Positions Available:
- Class 5 DG Bulk Tanker Driver (New Plymouth-based, full time)
- Class 5 Bulk Tanker Driver (New Plymouth-based, full time)
- Class 5 Flatdeck Driver (Taranaki-based, full time)
- Class 5 Tipper Driver (Taranaki-based, full time)
- Class 4 Cadetship (Taranaki Based, full time)
- Passenger Endorsed Van/Bus Driver (New Plymouth-based, part-time)
Note: As we continue to grow we often have new casual and permanent positions come available for other classes and specialities. If Symons sounds like you, and you like to be considered for future permanent or seasonal work, please join our Symons Standby Squad.
We are looking for looking for Class 5 drivers to join our dynamic team. The successful applicants will possess the following key attributes:
- Team player with a positive attitude
- A strong focus on health and safety
- Class 5 Licence
- DG Licence and Bulk Handlers Certificate an advantage
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Able to use a smart device for payroll, dockets and vehicle inspections
- Be customer focused
- Ability to work shift work
Part Time Positions (Standby Squad)
Alongside our team of permanent drivers, we also have a squad of casual drivers who prefer the flexibility of seasonal work to make the most of particularly busy times of the year.
By joining the Symons Standby Squad you'll be first in line to hear about Symons driving opportunities both within Taranaki and also around New Zealand.
We will keep your CV close at hand in order to let you know as soon as possible as new seasonal and permanent roles become available.