Symons Group is committed to maintaining a culture where all our teams actively participate towards a safe workplace environment to deliver sustainable services to our clients.
Our acknowledgments are:
- ACC FLEETSAVER PROGRAM - GOLD Symons Group were the first enterprise in Taranaki to be awarded gold status.
- 5 STAR OPERATOR RATING SCORE (ORS) Symons Group maintain a 5-star score which ranks us within the top 4 transport operators for kilometres driven nationally.
- NZI/LUMLEY AND EROAD SAFE DRIVING PROGRAMME Symons Group is amongst the top 5% of over 5,000 heavy transport businesses using EROAD IVMS. This Programme is a collaboration between NZI/Lumley and EROAD, designed to encourage safe driving.
- TARANAKI ROAD SAFETY WORKPLACE CHARTER Symons Group has achieved the highest level of accreditation being 'Excellence': Not only is driving safety information easily accessible and well publicised, the leadership of the organisation is fully engaged in the safe driving policy and ensuring the safe driving behaviour of all employees. Mechanisms are in place to support and develop staff to ensure safe and appropriate driver behaviour.
- ISO 9001:2015 Accredited Quality Management System
We are also innovators.
- WE WERE FIRST in implementing a vehicle fatigue management system which actively monitors the driver for distraction and any fatigue events. It provides a series of interventions aimed at managing these events.
- WE WERE FIRST to utilise grapple forks for pipe movements to ensure product protection by eliminating movement and the risk of slips and spills.
- WE WERE FIRST in the Taranaki region to install a three-way separator for managing waste products in a tubular servicing facility.
- WE WERE FIRST in the Taranaki region to adopt the NZTA approved Safe and Fuel Efficient Driver training program.