Above: The FleetSafe NZ Simulator, the only one of its kind in New Zealand was bought to Symons Transport depot to carry out driver training. The simulator has the ability to simulate rain, snow and wind wind, within rural and urban surroundings, on sealed and unsealed road - all in the one session. Most importantly the simulator increases driver safety whilst improving fuel efficiency and can be achieved without withdrawing your vehicles from service.
Symons Group is committed to maintaining a culture where all our teams actively participate towards a safe workplace environment to deliver sustainable services to our clients.
Our acknowledgments are:
- ACC FLEETSAVER PROGRAM - GOLD Symons Group were the first enterprise in Taranaki to be awarded gold status.
- 5 STAR OPERATOR RATING SCORE (ORS) Symons Group maintain a 5-star score which ranks us within the top 4 transport operators for kilometres driven nationally.
- NZI/LUMLEY AND EROAD SAFE DRIVING PROGRAMME Symons Group is amongst the top 5% of over 5,000 heavy transport businesses using EROAD IVMS. This Programme is a collaboration between NZI/Lumley and EROAD, designed to encourage safe driving.
We are also innovators.
- WE WERE FIRST in implementing a vehicle fatigue management system which actively monitors the driver for distraction and any fatigue events. It provides a series of interventions aimed at managing these events.
- WE WERE FIRST to utilise grapple forks for pipe movements to ensure product protection by eliminating movement and the risk of slips and spills.
- WE WERE FIRST in the Taranaki region to install a three-way separator for managing waste products in a tubular servicing facility.
- WE WERE FIRST in the Taranaki region to adopt the NZTA approved Safe and Fuel Efficient Driver training program.